MelodyAnne

where my life is full of Melodies...

Monday, June 09, 2008

Standing Eggs

I am here again to blog... This is a weird time for me to blog as I've never come online at this point of hour... Hehe!

Ok. Blogging time.


This morning I sent my bf to the airport. He went to Bakun to work for 19 days. I didn't cry when he left. I don't know why. Maybe that I've become tough and to not make him worry about me. I know I am more than a diamond to him so I took a pledge not to cry when he goes on travelling. Maybe that we've spent a lot of time together during the weekend that makes me stronger on us. Perhaps perhaps...

Last week until now, at this point of time, I'm still worried about him. Because he hasn't arrived to his destination, Bakun. He's now on the way. Reception is almost nil. I've called him & sms him. He'll arrive approximately 9pm. Missing him now. Sigh... I don't know if I will cry tonight.. But I will try to be strong.

Last weekend really was a meaningful weekend for me. Seems like God knows that we will be apart for 19 days that he made the time pass to slowly. Thank you Lord. We've spent almost 24 hours together except sleeping during the night.

On Saturday morning, we went to have my favourite Laksa for breakfast. Then we went home for a nap. In the afternoon, we went to Hopoh to buy & install some games into our PSP. Then we went to Sunday Market to buy some fruits for me to eat during the week. Then I went home to take a shower before proceeding to his house for dinner. Guess what, he took a sneak into my purse and looked into the receipt of the PSP I bought for him. At the same time, paid me money for the PSP, which eventually piss me off when I found out about the amount. Earlier on, he said he wanted to pay half of the amount to me. I said no. Because it's a gift for him. I cheated him that the PSP was only RM700++. He found out when he looked into my purse and found the receipt amounting RM998. And so he paid me RM1,000. But I paid him back Rm500 for him to bring it to Bakun as pocket money. However the rest of the RM500 I've decided to change it to SGD for us to use when we go to Singapore in December.

On Sunday morning, we went to "Green Mountain" at Muara Tebas with his mum to pray. Obviously I didn't burn joss sticks and pray. But I prayed inside my heart that he will find a better job, better career path and a better future. And I know that he prayed for good fortune and good luck. I knew he also prayed that he will have a better job and a better pay so that he will be able to marry me as soon as possible. I also prayed that he will have a safe journey to Bakun, take great care of himself and also the 19 days to pass by as fast as rocket. I sound so superstitious eh. But that's all my worries for the moment. I do not know what more to ask.

Then we went again to Hopoh because the PSP games we bought the day before couldn't be installed into our PSP. Found out that the version that we're using is the original Sony version. Which means the PSP can only play Original Sony games and NOT pirated games. So our PSP got upgraded into a version 3.90 Firmware from 3.72 original version. RM50 for that upgrading. Now it can play both original & pirated games. YAY! Which taught me not to buy any original "electric and electronic machines" from a genuine shop.

The rest of the day was spent just the two of us. Playing PSP or just chatting with each other. And also spent a whole lot of time figuring out how to install the DVD PDP games into our PSP. I managed to install those Gameboy and Emulator games but not the PSP designed games excdept Eternal Eyes. I wonder why.

Oh ya... Yesterday was the Duan Wu Jie (Dragon Boat Festival). For me, it's the day where eggs can stand! Yes! They can actually stand on flat floor! Look at these pictures. You either Believe It... or Not Believe It..

Standing solo.

Comparisons for you.

Amazing isn't it? I can't believe it when my bf put it up. It seems like there's some magnetic force on the ground that just sucks the bottom of the eggs. But it only work well when the sun is high up the sky. This means it only work around 11am to 2pm. And it only works on every 5th day of the 5th month of the Chinese Lunar calender. Amazing amazing.

On this day, chinese also made Glutinious Rice dumplings to eat to celebrate the festival. There's a special kind of Glutinous Rice dumplings; with fillings and without fillings. The ones with fillings normally contains pork, peanuts, mushrooms, some kind of nut and some would put some yam into it. Some might just contain Yam. The ones without fillings are called "Kee Zhang". I do not know what it means but it is normally eaten with just dipping in plain white sugar, kaya or any of your favourite jams. My bf's mum said we must eat Kee Zhang before noon to prevent us from getting sick through the year. I don't really believe it but I still eat it simply because I like to eat Kee Zhang. Serves no harm too! :-)

Guess what! My bf just called! AND he has arrived safely to Bakun and into his hostel. Thanks be to God for protecting him all the way. :-)

I'm gonna watch tv now. Laterzzzz... :-)

P/S: I don't think I'm gonna cry tonight. Glad to know he's safe there already. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home